Top Peer-to-Peer Lending Platforms in India 2022
Do your Savings Account and FD interest cover the time value of money? While inflation ranges between 5-6%, P2P investments can provide handsome returns. P2P lending sites provide a marketplace for direct lending, etc. Hence, they offer attractive investment opportunities without exposing you to market risks.
Although P2P lending in India is relatively new, it is gaining mass acceptance at a quick pace. As per the forecast published by IndustryARC in “India P2P Lending Industry Outlook 2021-2026”, the market for P2P loans in India can grow up to USD 10.5 Billion by 2026. So, here are all the details about P2P lending sites and which are the best platforms for you.
What is Peer to Peer Lending?
P2P lending sites provide a marketplace to facilitate investors and borrowers who can carry out P2P lending by directly registering on their websites. In a nutshell, peer-to-peer lending means direct lending between individuals who want to invest money and those who want to borrow money. By reducing the role of banks, peer-to-peer lending has made crowdlending easier and more accessible for the masses while regulating and standardising it.
P2P platforms diversify these investments into multiple borrowers to mitigate risk. Platforms like LenDenClub allow you to choose an auto-investment facility. Instead of making manual investment in each borrower, you can set up filters based on which their AI-powered interface auto-invests your money on your behalf, customisng and automating it at the same time.
2. Features of Peer to Peer Lending Platform
Here are the key features of P2P loans:
- Anybody Can Invest: You do not require much hassle for investing with P2P lending sites. So, if you want to earn good returns on your investments, you can choose to lend through these platforms.
- Regulated by RBI: Online P2P lending platforms operate according to RBI regulations that define the scope of their business and the prudential norms to be followed. LenDenClub is an RBI registered NBFC-P2P platform that holds a valid business license to operate in the P2P market.
- Evaluation of Borrowers: To provide an additional layer of comfort for the investors’ funds, the P2P platforms evaluate the borrowers’ credentials themselves. Only those borrowers who pass the standards of the platform are allowed to borrow. LenDenClub thoroughly frisks all the borrowers’ profiles and details with 200 data points.
- Easily Accessible: Being an investor, you simply have to register online and get started in just a few clicks. By replacing the middlemen with the help of technology, you can easily grow your income with the best P2P lending platforms in India. You can access LenDenClub across platforms, including their official website or mobile application available on android and iOS.
3. Benefits of P2P Lending
- Higher Returns: The interest return rates have gradually reduced over the last decade. Hence, a regular FD or savings account doesn’t pay more than 5-6% interest. On the other hand, by investing in India’s best P2P lending platforms, you can easily earn double digits.
- Auto Invest: On the LenDenClub platform, you can choose to auto-invest so that your funds never remain idle. As soon as the EMIs are received, both the principal and interest are automatically reinvested by the AI-powered platform, giving you the benefit of compounding.
- Saves Your Time & Efforts: Before investing your money, you have to study the viability of the options and analyze all the parameters. P2P platforms provide borrowers’ evaluations that can be useful in making your investment decision. Some like LenDenClub even automate the borrower selection, simplifying the process further.
- Diversified Exposure: It is risky to put all your eggs in the same basket. Hence, investing all your funds in one place is a bad idea. By investing in P2P Platforms, you can choose multiple borrowers and investments. It can help you reduce your risk and maximize your returns.
4. Is P2P Lending Profitable?
Compared to any other investment, P2P lending can provide some of the best returns in the short and long terms. With LenDenClub, the best P2P lending platform in India, you can expect double-digit returns on your investments. This makes P2P platforms an attractive investment destination.
5. Is P2P Lending Safe in India?
One of the major concerns of the investors with P2P lending is the risk of default. Every investment carries a degree of risk. But, making decisions diligently can help reduce the chances of a loss. Additionally, the prudential norms issued by the RBI control the risk and exposure. Here are the points that make P2P lending a safe prospect:
- RBI Prudential Norms: RBI has notified some benchmark rules like
- License requirements for P2P platforms (NBFC P2P)
- Minimum capital & management requirements for the P2P platforms
- The maximum one-to-one loan exposure cannot exceed Rs. 50,000. LenDenClub understands the concern of investors. With a minimum investment of Rs. 500 and a maximum of Rs. 2,000 per borrower on the website, you can easily enjoy the benefits of maximum possible diversification of risk offered by the platform.
- The lenders can lend up to Rs. 50 Lakhs across all P2P platforms.
- Loan tenure remains between 3 to 36 months.
- In-house Borrower Evaluation: P2P platforms apply their standards for evaluating a borrower. In addition to the credit reports and history, they also check the employment status, income levels, and regularity. Evaluation is also done on various other parameters taking 200+ data points into consideration.
- Best P2P Platforms: You can considerably reduce your risk by investing in established and top-rated P2P platforms. They have a robust system to evaluate the borrowers and are experienced in this field. So, invest in the Top P2P lending platforms in India 2022 and reduce your investment worries.
6. Top Peer to Peer Lending Platforms in India
Here is the list of the leading peer-to-peer lending sites in India, (not necessarily in the same order):
- Rupee Circle
- Paisa Dukaan
- Cash Kumar
- Lend Box
7. Why LenDenClub is the best P2P Lending Platform in India
While there are many P2P platforms available in India, here is why LenDenClub is special and the best P2P platform for investing your money:
- High Returns: Your investments through LenDenClub can provide high returns up to 12% p.a. With LenDenClub investments, you can expect to beat inflation by a big margin and grow your capital.
- Safety Net of Escrow Account: LenDenClub appoints a trustee for managing all your transactions through an Escrow Account. This means that they never directly deal with your funds. This gives an additional layer of security to your funds.
- Widely Accepted: LenDenClub is an RBI registered NBFC-P2P. Over the period of 6 years, LenDenClub has gained popularity among the investors and has onboarded over 1.5 million active investors on its online platform.
- Low Default Rate: While the default rate faced by Indian Banks on average was 7.3% in 2020-2021, LenDenClub has been able to achieve default rates as low as 3-4% the recent quarters.
- Invest as Per Your Choice: If you need monthly cash flows, you can choose the basic plan where your EMIs are deposited in your account. On the other hand, you can select the auto investing option if you wish to build capital for your future. The AI-powered investment system of LenDenClub reinvests your EMIs automatically.
- Access Various Reports on the Dashboard: You can easily check reports like your account statements, EMI statements, and investment history to stay informed about the status of your investment and returns.
Choose LenDenClub and set on a successful investment journey. Register Now!